External wall insulation FAQ

Q. Can I have external wall insulation for a timber framed property?

A. Unfortunately not. Timber framed properties require a ventilated and drained cavity so external insulation would provide no benefit at all.

Q.Will I need to apply for planning permission to have the insulation installed?

A. In most cases no. However, if you live in a listed building or a conservation area you do become responsible for obtaining planning permission. Contact your local council for more information.

Q. Can damage to my external wall insulation be repaired?

A.Yes it can. The insulation is quite sturdy by nature, however there is always the possibility that damage may occur. This can be fixed if it happens.

Q. What happens to my fixtures, such as hanging baskets, after the installation?

A. In the vast majority of cases fixtures will be removed pre-install and then placed back after the work is complete. There is the possibility that some fixtures may not be refitted and a surveyor will provide more information is this is the case.