Safety first – installing gas boilers

New and replacement gas boilers must be installed by a Gas Safe registered installer. Gas Safe replaced Corgi in April 2009. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe register.

All Domestic and General heating engineers are Gas Safe registered.

Never attempt to do-it-yourself with gas appliances, you are risking your life.

What is the Gas Safe register?

The Gas Safe Register is the new hallmark for gas safety in Great Britain and the Isle of Man. From April 1st 2009, Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI gas registration as the official gas safety body, however, Corgi will remain the official gas safety body in Northern Ireland, Guernsey and Jersey.

So, by law, only Gas Safe registered engineers should carry out work on gas appliances or installations in your home, within Great Britain and the Isle of Man.

Why do I need to use a Gas Safe registered engineer?

It’s all about safety. To make sure that gas appliances such as boilers, fires, ovens and hobs are installed, maintained and serviced safely you should employ a Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out the work.

If someone other than a Gas Safe registered engineer does the gas work in your home, you could be risking the safety of your family and your property.

How do I check an engineer is Gas Safe registered?

Our Domestic and General gas engineers will have an ID card with them that will feature their license number and photograph. Please feel free to ask to see the ID card. The license number is easily verified on the Gas Safe website or by calling them.

Visit our Gas Safe profile: